After some search I found a BMW X1 in mint
condition which should replace the Audi A4:
here are some shots:
factory options - a short summary:
- vermillion red
- bi Xenon
- x-line exterior
- panorama sun roof
- black / red sports seats
- BMW performane control
- Radio / USB MP3
- wheels summer: 8x18 with 225/45/18 front and 9x19 with 255/40/18 rear, original BMW option
- wheels winter: BMW Styling 319
- m-technic suspension
- LCI front bumper conversion
- blinds on headlights (covering the ugly white plastic on top)
- BMW HiFi System Alpine X1 E84 (front mid range speakers, tweeters and amplifier)
- Alpine 4" SPG-10 C2 rear speakers
- Parrot CK3000 hands free set
- Parrot Multican adapter
- hood sound insulation
- tinted rear windows from www.cfc.de
BMW Alpine HiFi upgrade:
Hood sound insulation:
Unfortunately BMW does not offer an underhood insulation for ANY X1 models.
I just found an offer from a Chinese / Hongkong manufacturer, fits perfect (same 5mm too small as the original part for E39 btw.)
parking brake pad upgrade:
M5 parking brake pads are 30mm wide (vs. 20mm stock E84).
Same pads are used in X3, X5, M3 E36 and E46 and some Volkswagen Transporters as well.
Installation needs some minor modifications like grinding them down from 30mm to 29mm, cutting the springs of the
mounting bolts by 2 coils and some cutting to make the lower spring fit perfect (see 2nd photo)
This is a big improvement to stock pads, I did the same mods on my E39 and won't miss it any more.
more to come...